commons-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Rufer <stefan.ru...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: [io][lang] CSV parser contribution
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:30:49 GMT
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Stefan, your ending comment of:
>
> "Please note that this contribution is dedicated to the Apache Software
> Foundation, thank you for not using it otherwise."
>
> makes me worried that you might not be aware what you're getting into.
> While Netcetera AG retain copyright to their original codebase, the
> Apache version is very liberally licenced and if it should become part
> of an ASF codebase, then anyone can use it otherwise.

Oh, sorry about this. I'm quite a newbie in terms of "contributing" and
the sentence was meant to make clear that the code is not to be used or
distributed *before* an integration into an Apache project (if accepted).

We are aware that the code is going to be distributed under the Apache
License and that the copyright will be held by the ASF. Furthermore, the
contribution is backed by management support at Netcetera.

Robert wrote about "formal contribution": Is there action to be taken by
Netcetera yet?

I would be happy to help whatever I can if a [csv] component is being set
up or an integration is to be done - please let me know.

Stefan