commons-user mailing list archives

From hites...@tcs.com
Subject Re: FileUpload: File name in Japanese characters
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:22:47 GMT

Hi,

request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8") is done before File save.
I printed the file name in log and it is printed properly with Japanese
characters.

Actually I am appending some unique id to File Name and then saving on
disk.
I guess there is problem when I am appending the id to file name.

Is anybody aware of solution to this problem?

Regards,
Hitesh Chandmal Jodhavat

Jason Lea <jason@kumachan.net.nz>
06/07/2005 06:33 PM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: FileUpload: File name in Japanese characters

You will need to set the request encoding before calling FileUpload.

eg  request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8")

There may be something in FileUpload where the request encoding can be
set.  But setting the request encoding before FileUpload is given the
request should work.

hitesh.j@tcs.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using FileUpload commons package to upload file. I am saving the
file
>uploaded by using after appending unique number to file name.
>To handle i18n my each jsp contains contentType="text/html;
charset=utf-8"
>@ page tag.
>Whenever user is uploading file with Japanese characters in File name,
>file is saved on server with corrupted name (contains characters '?'
etc).

>Any pointer on this front?
>
>Regards,
>Hitesh Chandmal Jodhavat
>

>Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or
attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If
you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review,
distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this
e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and
any attachments.  Thank you

--
Jason Lea