commons-user mailing list archives

From Eugene...@hbosa.com.au
Subject [Digester] Method call order.
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 02:38:01 GMT
Greetings,

Decoder Rule XML:
<pattern value="Party">
  <object-create-rule
classname="au.com.bankwest.ols.lixi.model.party.LIXIPartyLoader"/>
  <call-method-rule methodname="setApplicationType" paramcount="1"
paramtypes="au.com.bankwest.ols.reference.legalentity.LixiAssociation" />
  <call-param-rule attrname="ApplicationType" paramnumber="0" />
  <set-next-rule methodname="addParty" />
</pattern>

Apparently the decoder always calls 'addParty' method BEFORE calling
'setApplicationType' resulting in an incomplete object being added. I've
even tried moving <set-next-rule> to the top (based on the recommendations
of this FAQ 'http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Digester/FAQ' under
'How do I get CallMethodRule to fire before SetNextRule?') and it still
gets called first. Anyone with experience on this please share your wisdom.

Thanks!
Eugene.

Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.

This electronic transmission including any attachments is intended only
for those to whom it is addressed. It may contain copyright material or
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure by law.
Any claim to privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken transmission
of this information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
distribute or copy this transmission and should please notify the sender.
Your costs for doing this will be reimbursed by the sender.

We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption,
delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.