commons-user mailing list archives

From hites...@tcs.com
Subject FileUpload: File name in Japanese characters
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:29:41 GMT

Hi,

I am using FileUpload commons package to upload file. I am saving the file
uploaded by using after appending unique number to file name.
To handle i18n my each jsp contains contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8"
@ page tag.
Whenever user is uploading file with Japanese characters in File name,
file is saved on server with corrupted name (contains characters '?' etc).

Any pointer on this front?

Regards,
Hitesh Chandmal Jodhavat

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain
confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete
the message and any attachments.  Thank you