commons-user mailing list archives

From "Suresh Addagalla" <suresh.addaga...@wipro.com>
Subject [DBCP] Problem creating array descriptor
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:49:55 GMT

Hi,

I am facing a problem using DBCP 1.2.1 with stored procedures; if someone
has a solution/workaround, please do suggest.

I have the following code to create an array descriptor:

                Connection conn = dbcp.getConnection() ;
                Connection dconn = ((DelegatingConnection)
conn).getInnermostDelegate();
                ArrayDescriptor descriptor =
ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("ROPARAMETERLIST", dconn) ;

and it throws the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Fail to construct descriptor: Invalid arguments
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:1130)
        at
oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor(ArrayDescriptor.java:104)
        at
com.nokia.ipdc.ecs.dbapi.roparameters.RoParametersDbApi.storeRoParameters(Ro
ParametersDbApi.java:119)

Earlier I was passing the "conn" (instead of "dconn") to createDescriptor
method, but that too did not work.

This seems to be a known bug
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-user/200309.mbox/%
3C3F60EB37.4060601@pandora.be%3E), but it seems that the fix is not
available in the latest release.

If it cannot be solved with DBCP, can someone suggest viable alternatives
(implementation alternatives of DB connection pool)?

Thanks
Suresh

Confidentiality Notice

intended