commons-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [EL] Docs ?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:23:03 GMT
Hi Tim,

Tim O'Brien wrote on Sunday, June 26, 2005 1:05 AM:

> EL is meant to be used in a JSP 2.0 environment.

That's what I wanted to find out for commons-el, wheter it can be used standalone or not.
I write a component, that others with EL experiance will have to use.

> You can get
> everything you need form Commons JEXL.

[snip]

Well, may I cite from the JEXl homepage:

<cite>
It must be noted that JEXL is not a compatibile implementation of EL as defined in JSTL 1.1
(JSR-052) or JSP 2.0 (JSR-152). For a compatible implementation of these specifications, see
the  Commons EL  project.
</cite>

If I release a component that claims to have EL support, any problem with it will cause maintenance
effort on my side.

- Jörg