commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Ferris <bdfer...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Custom Nested Bean XML Serialization
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:19:41 GMT
I'm looking for an XML serialization library that allows custom
mapping of a bean based on its parent bean.  Most recently, I have
looked at Betwixt, but I ran into the wall that while custom mappings
of beans are possible with '.betwixt' files or even direct
manipulation of XMLBeanInfo objects, there is still only one mapping
per class, and mappings cannot be adjusted based on the parent bean
context.

Is there some way to achieve this feature in Betwixt?  If not, can
anyone recommend a different strategy or another library that might
make this possible?  Basically, I'm looking for a solution that is
focused less on XML serialization of objects so that they might be re-
digested later and more on generation of complex XML from beans.

Thanks,
Brian Ferris