commons-user mailing list archives

From "Larner, Ross S" <Ross_S_Lar...@homedepot.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] mysql authentication
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:24:13 GMT
Hey Tom,
Forewarning - I have little knowledge of DBCP, so this may be breaking
the paradigm.

I don't know if you have access to the jdbc drivers for mysql, but if
so, you should be able to pass the password into the call to retrieve
the connection:

      Connection con =
                     DriverManager.getConnection(
                                 url,"root", "password");

Take a look at this article:
http://www.developer.com/java/data/article.php/3417381

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Mathews [mailto:tom-mathews@supanet.com]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:42 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [DBCP] mysql authentication

-p certainly works on the command line, but do you have any hints as to
how to insert this programatically in a connection pool?
My code looks (alot!) like this (please note there may be typo's - the
machine I'm typing this from is isolated from my dev environment so I
can't just copy paste!) ...
try
{
String jdbcname = "jdbc/myApp";
String cmd = "SELECT * FROM client WHERE clientRef > 0"; Context ctx =
new InitialContext(); Context envCtx =
(Context)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env");
DataSource ds = (DataSource)envCtx.lookup(jdbcname);
Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
Statement stmt = conn.createStatement;
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(cmd);
ResultSetMetaData rsmd = rs.getMetaData(); ....
Thanks
Tom