commons-user mailing list archives

From "Larner, Ross S" <>
Subject RE: [DBCP] mysql authentication
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:15:43 GMT
If I remember correctly, the -p switch is used to supply the password.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Mathews []
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 4:05 AM
To: jakarta commons
Subject: [DBCP] mysql authentication

I'm trying to set up a connection pool to a mysql 5 db using JSP on
Tomcat 5, versions as follows:

Mandrake 10.1 on AMD64

I've a resource set up which includes username and password elements#
   <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections  -->
but whenever I try and run the pages that use this, I get an error back
saying 'Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user
'myUser'@'' (using password: NO) '

If I create a new database user with no password, then I can connect
fine, but this is obviously not something that I want to do!

Does anyone know how to make tomcat / mysql/J use a password (JSP rather
than a stand alone java class, which is working absolutely fine).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: