commons-user mailing list archives

From "Pramodh Peddi" <ppe...@IMPRIVATA.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] removeAbandoned and removeAbandonedTimeout feature
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:34:34 GMT
Hi Dirk/All,

I posted the junit test, which I found to have problems related to
*abandon* methods. The only thing to do is define a query in
testDoDBPerformanceAnalysis to suit your database.

I am also finding the problem of initialSize (all the initial
connections become active). When I put initialSize to 12, getNumActive
returns 13 when I open a connection. The test should show/reveal this
problem too. Please let me know if you do not understand the junit
tests.

Thanks,

Pramodh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Verbeeck [mailto:dirk.verbeeck@pandora.be]
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 2:20 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [DBCP] removeAbandoned and removeAbandonedTimeout feature

Please post a junit test showing the problem with the "abandoned"
feature and the factory.

FYI: Tomcat calls BasicDataSourceFactory.getObjectInstance(...) and this

method calls BasicDataSourceFactory.createDataSource(...) so there isn't

a large difference in initialization code.

The reason why abandoned* methods are deprecated are explained in the
wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP

-- Dirk

(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-example