commons-user mailing list archives

From "Pramodh Peddi" <ppe...@IMPRIVATA.com>
Subject useServerPrepStmts and jdbcCompliantTruncation for MySQL with dbcp
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:23:31 GMT
Hi,

I am introducing apache's DBCP tool into our product, which uses MySQL.
Till now, we used different mysql specific properties in the db url. The
url we used is:
"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MYDATABASE?autoReconnect=true&useServerPrep
Stmts=false&jdbcCompliantTruncation=false". And while making dbcp work,
this is the exactly the same URL I gave to
<parameter>

                        <name>url</name>

                         <value>jdbc:
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MYDATABASE?autoReconnect=true&useServerPrepS
tmts=false&jdbcCompliantTruncation=false </value>

</parameter>

in Tomcat's server.xml. When I start tomcat, it complains saying "The
reference to entity "useServerPrepStmts" must end with the ';'
delimiter". And when I removed useServerPrepStmts from the URL, it
started complaining the same thing about jdbcCompliantTruncation.

Can we not use these properties when I use apache's DBCP tool?
"useServerPrepStmts" can be achieved because DBCP tool itself has
poolPreparedStatements, which can be defined in server.xml. But what
about other many useful properties offered by MySQL/MySQL-Connector-J?

Thanks in advance,

Pramodh.