commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Transaction] API, GenerickLock, FileResourceManager (was Re: Transaction API, GenericLock, FileResourceManager)
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:23:00 GMT
Exactly. But, as I said, there are other concepts (e.g. in JTA) that
work as well and sometimes even better.

Cheers

Oliver

On 6/27/05, Aaron Hamid <arh14@cornell.edu> wrote:
> Ah, I see!  So for instance the abstract notion of "owner" detached from thread can enable
things like locks migrating across threads.  That's very interesting.

> Thanks Oliver,
>
> Aaron
>
> Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> > On 6/27/05, Aaron Hamid <arh14@cornell.edu> wrote:
> >
> >>I will use Thread.currentThread() for the "owner".  I'm not clear as to the utility
of non-thread owners...what is the semantics of synchronization if the owners are not threads?
 Or is the intention that owners ultimately must be associated with unique threads?