commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mathew, Manoj" <Mathew.Ma...@principal.com>
Subject RE: new GUI technologies
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:51:30 GMT
Hi
 How about the richness of cocoon? One of the main reason we are thinking about new technologies
is we want to have more impressive web pages. WE are even considering going for web sphere
portals. So now you would have understood what really need. Please throw some lights. I have
done a project with jsp/struts. But I couldn't find it much rich.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stavros Kounis [mailto:skounis@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 3:47 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: new GUI techenologies

On 6/9/05, Mathew, Manoj <Mathew.Manoj@principal.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>   My company is using applets,xml, xsl and one transformation engine to generate html
pages. They are discussing about going for some enw techenologies to develop more impressive
GUI.
> Gurus what you guys think about the best one to go for? Pelase keep in mind thta this
si a financal company. So they don't want that flashy ones..

> Toplink???
>
> thanks
> Matt

hi matt

if you want to keep the web based approach take a look at cocoon
framework [1]. It's a very powerfull xml/xsl publishing machine.
Inside it live a very good web-form framework (Cocoon Forms)

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org

> -----Message Disclaimer-----
>
> This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
> privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
> copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies of
> the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the
> Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained
> as required by law or regulation.
>
> Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature
> for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
> Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
> unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Stavros Kounis                        Osmosis networks & consulting
http://tools.osmosis.gr/blog          http://www.osmosis.gr