commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <>
Subject RE: [EL] Docs ?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:37:35 GMT

Yes, but more word mincing, you can't claim to support "EL" outside of a
JSTL or JSP context because it is an intimate part of those two
specifications.  As of standard-1.1 I believe reliance of PageContext
was removed from ELEvaluator so you can include a JSP taglibrary in your
path if you want to provide support for "EL". (But, really you are just
providing support for "EL-like" syntax.)

BTW, this is another one of those terrible situations where one codebase
seems to have been split long ago, one incarnation lives in commons-el
and another in standard.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message