commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject RE: [EL] Docs ?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:56:48 GMT
Right, to go back to the EL.

commons-el supports EL as defined in the original JSTL spec and the JSP 2.0 specifications.
 For you to claim to support "EL" you are going to have to reference either one of those specs,
I'm fairly certain that EL was never defined as anything that could live outside of either
of these J2EE-specific specifications.

So, in other words, you couldn't claim to support "EL" outside of a servlet environment, but
you could claim to support something similar to "EL", and that would be JEXL.

Tim O'Brien
tobrien@discursive.com