commons-user mailing list archives

From Mattias Jiderhamn <mj-li...@expertsystem.se>
Subject Re: [i18n] usage of common-i18n
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:52:54 GMT
At 2005-06-23 11:15, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>can anybody describe me, what is the advandate of using common-i18n instead
>of the standart java
>classes for internationalization?

For me, these are the main reasons to use i18n
- Support for different data sources. It currently contains support
for ordinary .properties files and XML files. I also have
database/JDBC source support that is not checked into Subversion yet.
- Support for multiple entries under a common ID. You can have both
"title", "text" and "details", for exaple, for all your error
messages (or whatever kind of messages you use).

   Mattias Jiderhamn
   <mailto:mattias.jiderhamn@expertsystem.se>mattias.jiderhamn@expertsystem.se