commons-user mailing list archives

From Rosa <rml...@terra.es>
Subject HttpClient problem
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:36:44 GMT
I am developing an applet that sends two byte arrays and two parameters
to the server. It uses the HttpClient library. The code looks like this:
                URL url = new URL(baseApp, "../guardaHr.do");
                //HttpClient version 3.0-rc2
                PostMethod pM = new PostMethod(url.getPath());
                try {
                    byte [] oA = UtilXML.creaFXML(docA);
                    byte [] oP = UtilXML.creaFXML(docG);
                    pM.addParameter("fI", fIniStr);
                    pM.addParameter("fF", fFinStr);
                    ByteArrayPartSource horA = new
ByteArrayPartSource("horA.xml", oA);
                    ByteArrayPartSource horP = new
ByteArrayPartSource("horP.xml", oP);
                    FilePart p1 = new FilePart("hA", horA);
                    FilePart p2 = new FilePart("hP", horP);
                    Part[] partes = {p1, p2};
                    pM.setRequestEntity(new
MultipartRequestEntity(partes, pM.getParams()));
                    HttpClient cliente = new HttpClient();

cliente.getHttpConnectionManager().getParams().setConnectionTimeout(30000);
                    int estado = cliente.executeMethod(pM);
                    if (estado == HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
                        System.out.println(
                            "Upload finished, response=" +
pM.getResponseBodyAsString()
                        );
                    } else {
                        System.out.println(
                            "Upload failed, response=" +
HttpStatus.getStatusText(estado)
                        );
                    }
                    pM.releaseConnection();
                }
                catch (Exception ex) {
                    ex.printStackTrace();
                    pM.releaseConnection();
                }

The code compiles fine. The applet is not signed because I am not
accessing the file system at all. When I try to load the applet from the
web browser I get the following error

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/multipart/PartSource

        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)

        at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)

        at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)

        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Do somebody knows what is happening?

Thanks in advance

Rosa