commons-user mailing list archives

From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject commons-modeler and case sensitivity of property names
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:21:01 GMT
Is there a way to have commons-modeler honor the case sensitivity of
Model MBean attribute (property) names?

According to the JMX spec:

  All attribute and operation names derived from these design patterns
  are case-sensitive. For example, this means that the methods "getstate"
  and "setState" define two attributes, one called "state" that is
  read-only, and one called "State" that is write-only.

  While case sensitivity applies directly to component names of
  standard MBeans, it is also applicable to all component names of
  all types of MBeans, standard or dynamic.

In my class that is instrumented as a Model MBean, I have getAbc() and
setAbc() methods, but when I declare "Abc" (instead of "abc") as the
attribute name in the associated mbeans-descriptor.xml, I get a
javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException
("Cannot find attribute abc").

Thanks,

Jan