commons-user mailing list archives

From A Leg <hale_in...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: commons development practises (was maven : why marmalade ?)
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:32:52 GMT
Hi Paul

You are right, I will look to publish the plugin layer next week and I
will announce it here.
It is currently in use from more than 3 month in production for some
automotive industry application. And it works fine 24hx7 days a week.
I use httpclient in tags and I got very usefull help from the team for
very technical issues like proxy with authentification, site signature etc..
I use also Ojb from db project of apache for persistence layer and same
: very nice.

You see Simon, I am not so afraid by change, I use quite up to date
solutions.
But for example in automotive industry some solutions needs to run 10
years and more, you cannot update plants every 6 months.
Many jakarta commons are very good api, and no need to changes them
without control.
The change process could take in count this requirement.

But I am a quite happy jakarta-common user.

Have fun.

Andre