commons-user mailing list archives

From A Leg <hale_in...@yahoo.com>
Subject maven : why marmalade ?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:36:45 GMT
Hi

I just got a look on maven 2 description and I have some questions ?

Why maven made the move from jelly to marmelade ?
Is this after a community process where Maven users, Maven developers,
maven tags developers has been involved. If not how this decision has
been taken ?
What about marmelade license which seems not to be Apache License V2 ?
What about living an Apache project for a codehaus project ?

I personaly feel that all hat moves : ant to maven, cvs to subversion,
jelly to marmalade where people create news peojects instead of
contributing to improve existing one, all these moves are not a big
advantage for open source.

Already my ISP does not support Linux because instead of having one good
linuxconf they have many "proprietary" configuration tools.

May be am I wrong and you have good reasons to do this ?

Thanks for any answers to my questions

Andre