commons-user mailing list archives

From A Leg <hale_in...@yahoo.com>
Subject jelly : future far from Maven 2 ?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:30:36 GMT
Hi

I am using jelly for our project :
http://compiere-mfgscm.sourceforge.net/

We made a plugin layer similar to maven plugins layer.
Our plugins are working good. We currently use them from Jini services
and it is quite nice.

Our question is must we move to marmalade ?

To answer this we would like to know :

Will jelly be supported on long term ?
Why maven made the move ?

I personaly feel that all hat moves : ant to maven, cvs to subversion,
jelly to marmalade where people create news peojects instead of
contributing to improve existing one, all these moves are not a big
advantage for open source.

Already my ISP does not support Linux because instead of having one good
linuxconf they have many "proprietary" configuration tools.

Thanks for any answers to my questions

Andre