commons-user mailing list archives

From Will Pugh <willp...@sourcelabs.com>
Subject Should PropertyUtilsBean catch NoSuchMethodException?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:21:44 GMT
Hi,

I ran into a problem when using CGLib and Beanutils.  The gist seems to
be CGLib adds a number of getters and setters, but in particularly, it adds

       Callback[]  getCallbacks()
       void           setCallbacks(Callback[])
       Callback    getCallback(int)
       void           setCallback(Callback)

It seems a little troubling that they dropped the "s" in the singular
case (since they end up working with the same properties anyways).
However, I now get a wacky problem in that BeanUtils.copyProperties()
now works as I would expect, but BeanUtils.clone() does not work.

This discreperency seems to be that one calls
BeanUtilsBean.copyProperties and the other calls
PropertyUtilsBean.copyPropteries.

It would appear that both implementations of copyProperty have the
problem where they use isReadable to determine if they can read a
property, but use getSimpleProperty to get the property.  The problem
here is that isReadable returns true even if the property is an indexed
property, however, in such a case getSimpleProperty throws an exception.

BeanUtilsBean.copyProperties catches this exception.
PropertyUtilsBean.copyProperties does not.  Is there a reason for this
discreperency?  Also, as a side note, why are there two copyProperties
methods?  What are supposed to be the differences between the two?

    Thanks,
    --Will