commons-user mailing list archives

From Tom Mathews <tom-math...@supanet.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] mysql authentication
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:41:58 GMT
-p certainly works on the command line, but do you have any hints as to
how to insert this programatically in a connection pool?
My code looks (alot!) like this (please note there may be typo's - the
machine I'm typing this from is isolated from my dev environment so I
can't just copy paste!)
try
{
String jdbcname = "jdbc/myApp";
String cmd = "SELECT * FROM client WHERE clientRef > 0";
Context ctx = new InitialContext();
Context envCtx = (Context)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env");
DataSource ds = (DataSource)envCtx.lookup(jdbcname);
Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
Statement stmt = conn.createStatement;
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(cmd);
ResultSetMetaData rsmd = rs.getMetaData();
Thanks
Tom