commons-user mailing list archives

From Tom Mathews <tom-math...@supanet.com>
Subject [DBCP] mysql authentication
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:04:42 GMT
I'm trying to set up a connection pool to a mysql 5 db using JSP on
Tomcat 5, versions as follows:

mysql-connector-java-3.1.8
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28
Mysql-devel-5.0.3
Mandrake 10.1 on AMD64

I've a resource set up which includes username and password elements#
   <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections  -->
    <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>myUser</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>myPassword</value>
    </parameter>
but whenever I try and run the pages that use this, I get an error back
saying
'Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user
'myUser'@'me.mydomain.com' (using password: NO) '

If I create a new database user with no password, then I can connect
fine, but this is obviously not something that I want to do!

Does anyone know how to make tomcat / mysql/J use a password (JSP rather
than a stand alone java class, which is working absolutely fine).

Thanks
Tom