commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Diggory <mdigg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [csv] Creating a CSV component
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:28:16 GMT
I would suggest that parsing files, especially data files is going to
have allot of overlap within commons. What about tab, fixed field etc.
This sounds more like its own tool in the long run. Think about the
implications for producing drivers for JDBC or parsers for JAXP etc.
thats based on a common parsing or reading api. Encompassing tools for
file type transformation etc. This is a very powerful subject, I suspect
it would be a project that could be dependent on codec, math and lang
for certain functionalities.

I'm listening in as well, our project is something that would enjoy the
advantages of such a parsing framework if it encompassed more than just
csv files.

-Mark Diggory