commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] OutOfMemory Exception on large files
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:23:09 GMT
Michael Melhem wrote:
> We are using HTTP protocol. We have code something like this (in a
> simple junit test):-
Neither "http" nor "url" supports output streams, so I guess your target
URL is a "webdav://" resource, isnt it?

webdav buffers the output until close and send the whole stuff at once.
Maybe it is possible to use Piped-Streams to pass through to the webdav
server, but currently I do not have enough spare time to do this -
contributions are welcome :-)

As a workaround you could add "-Xmx512m" (or what ever fits your needs)
to your JVM startup to allow java to allocate more memory.

Ciao,
Mario