commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>
Subject Re: FileUpload: File name in Japanese characters
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:03:00 GMT
You will need to set the request encoding before calling FileUpload.

eg  request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8")

There may be something in FileUpload where the request encoding can be
set.  But setting the request encoding before FileUpload is given the
request should work.

hitesh.j@tcs.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using FileUpload commons package to upload file. I am saving the file
>uploaded by using after appending unique number to file name.
>To handle i18n my each jsp contains contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8"
>@ page tag.
>Whenever user is uploading file with Japanese characters in File name,
>file is saved on server with corrupted name (contains characters '?' etc).
>
>Any pointer on this front?
>
>Regards,
>Hitesh Chandmal Jodhavat
>

>Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may
contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained
in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately
and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

--
Jason Lea