commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] VFS.getManager().getFilesCache() - exists() vs findFiles()
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:05:05 GMT
Philippe Poulard wrote:
> these attributes are tightly coupled to this scheme
> so if you have "xmldb:provider://..." somewhere, you also have
> attribute settings beside
> thus, when you make the switch from xmldb to -say- ftp, this includes
> to clean attributes becoming irrelevant
Is it possible to separate those attributes into
* filesystem attributes
* file attributes
?

I ask as e.g. the "cluster" sounds more like a configuration per
filesystem instance.
VFS currently supports such filesystem attributes and one thing we can
do here is to register a virtual scheme to a set of filesystem attributes:
say:
xmldbRaweb2004:xyl://user:pwd@www.foo.com/path/to/file.xml

would point to the scheme "xmldb" with the desired filesystem attributes
attached.

For the "file attributes" I will take some time to think about them.
What if we create a new method "FileObject.createFile(Map attributes)"?
That way there is no need to change the contract of the IMAGINARY file
type and it makes clear that if you would like to create a new file with
special attributes you have to call that method.

Ciao,
Mario