commons-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Poulard <Philippe.Poul...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: [VFS] VFS.getManager().getFilesCache() - exists() vs findFiles()
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:01:01 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Philippe Poulard wrote:
>
>>     Resource getResource() throws FileSystemException, XMLDBException {
>>         boolean isXML = true;
>>         Collection coll = DatabaseManager.getCollection(
>>             XMLDBFileObject.this.getParent().getName().getURI()
>>         );
>>         for ( Iterator it =
>> XMLDBFileObject.this.getContent().getAttributes().entrySet().iterator()
>> ; it.hasNext() ; ) {
>>             /*
>>              * getAttributes() fails here because the type
>>              * is FileType.IMAGINARY : it has been set when
>>              * delete() has been called
>
> So the problem is that imaginray files are not allowed to have attributes.
> Why not simply avoid the loop over the attributes if the file is of type
> IMAGINARY?

i need these attributes to create the file : XML:DB oblige to indicate
if a file is XML or binary ; other attributes may also be required
according to the provider ; so, if IMAGINARY was a type that would
accept attributes, all would work fine

thus when i perform a copy, i know that the target is intending to be a
FILE, so i could use attributes ; but if it has been previously deleted
and marked IMAGINARY, its attributes are kept but can't be used

i don't know why IMAGINARY files can't have attributes ; if the file
system is said that attributes are supported, why blocking their usage
with the type ??? it's not fair !

a smart solution for me is to override the method that checks the type
and throws an exception, but i'd prefer a change on the IMAGINARY type

> I also do not fully understandy why it works if you call close() after
> delete() - during the attach() the file should still be IMAGINARY as it
> is deleted.
> Might it be that your FileObject.doGetType() do not correctly report the
> type of the file?

right : if it is not a FOLDER, it is a FILE ; that's why it works
i will fix it...

--
Cordialement,

            ///