commons-user mailing list archives

From vnga...@tiscali.de
Subject AW: Re: AW: HttpClient use Proxy Server with Basic Auth
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:55:17 GMT
Hi,

The thing that IMHO is  missing from the user guide wrt Proxy Servers is
the part about the HostConfiguration.

Regarding http.nonProxyHosts, yes, it is possible to set a hostconfiguration
up as required on a per connection basis.  However, it is a pain to parse
a list of hostnames which possibly include wildcards, and determine if we
should use a proxy server or not.  This is one feature of java.net.HttpURLConnection
which I miss.

Thanks,

/ vijay

>-- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht --
>Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:14:26 +0200
>From: Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
>To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
>Subject: Re: AW: HttpClient use Proxy Server with Basic Auth
>

>On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:48:56PM +0200, vngarla@tiscali.de wrote:
> Hello,

> It would be nice if the Proxy Server authentication were documented somewhere.

Usually this guide suffices

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/a
>thentication.html

>  Googling the commons-user archives brought up only 1 thread with proxy
> server authentication.

HttpClient project has its own user and dev lists

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/mail-lists.html

>still monitor this list just in case, but we tend to get most of the
questions sent to httpclient-user list these days

> On a different note, is it possible to set up the HttpClient to not use
> the proxy for a set of hosts using wildcards in d
>s names (e.g. what http.nonProxyHosts
> does for the URLConnection)?

One can simply have a different HostConfiguration on a per method / thread
/
connection basis

Oleg