commons-user mailing list archives

From vnga...@tiscali.de
Subject AW: HttpClient use Proxy Server with Basic Auth
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:54:46 GMT
A bit more information: The proxy sends the following Proxy-Authenticate
Headers back:

Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM
Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="s991057.suvanet.ch"
Proxy-Authenticate: Kerberos
Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate

I just tried this with the good old HTTPClient.HttpClient, and I got the
exception that Negotiate wasn't supported:
HTTPClient.AuthSchemeNotImplException: Negotiate
        at HTTPClient.DefaultAuthHandler.getAuthorization(DefaultAuthHandler.java:150)
        at HTTPClient.AuthorizationInfo.queryAuthHandler(AuthorizationInfo.java:335)
        at HTTPClient.AuthorizationModule.setAuthHeaders(AuthorizationModule.java:572)

Could it be that jakarta HttpClient proxy auth doesn't work when multiple
authentication schemes are allowed?  I'm using 2.0 rc1 at the moment.

TIA,

Vijay

>-- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht --
>Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:36:42 +0200
>From: vngarla@tiscali.de
>Subject: HttpClient use Proxy Server with Basic Auth
>To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
>

>Hi,

I'm trying to get URLs via a Proxy Server.  No matter what I try, i get
an SC 407 - Proxy Authorization Required.  Can somebody send me an example
of using HttpClient with a Proxy Server which requires Basic Auth?

This is what I'm doing:

>      String _proxyHost = System.getProperty("http.proxyHost");
        if(_proxyHost != null) {
            HostConfiguration _hc = HostConfiguration();
            _hc.setProxy(_proxyHost, Integer.parseInt(System.getProperty("http.proxyPort")));

>           _client.setHostConfiguration(_hc);
            Credentials _creds = new UsernamePasswordCredentials(System.getProperty("http.proxyUser"),
System.getProperty("http.proxyPassword"));
            _client.getState().setProxyCredentials(null,
>proxyHost, _creds);

        }
        GetMethod get = new GetMethod(aURL);
        int _status = _client.executeMethod(get);
        //this doesn't work either: int _status = _client.executeMethod(_client.getHostConfiguration(),
get, _client.get
>tate());

TIA,

Vijay Garla

Das Italien-Gewinnspiel
Jetzt bei der Italien-Reise mitspielen und einen von 30 Preisen gewinnen.
http://spielmanege.tiscali.de/italienreise/ital

http://spielmanege.tiscali.de/italienreise/italien.php