commons-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Digester wildcard question
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:01:58 GMT
Hi... I went through the Digester docs, but couldn't find the answer to my
specific question (although the answer seemed to be hinted at)... is it
possible to have a matching pattern of simply "*" so that every element in
the document being parsed fires the corresponding rule?

What I'm trying to do is have a simple XML format with a list of elements:

<myDoc>
 <item1>11</item1>
 <item2>22</item2>
 <item3>33</item3>
</myDoc>

... and I want to have a rule fire to take each of those and insert them
in to a map (just a call to a generic setter), but without knowing
before-hand that item1, item2 and item3 will be present (i.e., maybe it's
item4, item5 and item6 instead).  So I figured just match "*" would do it,
but am looking for verification.  TIA!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect