commons-user mailing list archives

From "Graeme" <...@tesco.net>
Subject FW: [DBCP] rollback not working with MySQL 4.1
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:59:05 GMT

Hi,

I am having problems getting DBCP to rollback to work with MySQL.  Even
though I create the PoolableConnectionFactory with the constructor’s
parameter to create connection with defaultAutoCommit set to false

  i.e. PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory = new
PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory,connectionPool,new
StackKeyedObjectPoolFactory(),null,false,false);

the program persists in committing after the execution of my INSERT
statement.  I also tried using forcing the autocommit to false via the
PoolableConnectionFactory’s setDefaultAutoCommit(false) method.

Has anybody successfully used DBCP transactions with a MySQL database?

Regards,
Graeme