commons-user mailing list archives

From mark archur <goodguy_...@yahoo.com>
Subject [dbcp] meanings of active, idle
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:16:35 GMT
Hi,
I am using commons-dbcp and its going well so far. But, I am not 100% clear of what exactly
an active, idle connection mean (and not sure if its meaning changes in the context of pool).
Let me tell what I understand:
Active: A connection is said to be active if a connection is open and is not closed yet. In
the context of pool, does the meaning change?
Idle: I am guessing a connection to be idle should be closed. But, not sure when can it be
idle. Again, does the meaning change in the context of pool?

Thanks.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile