commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <>
Subject Re: raw commands with commons net FTP
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:40:03 GMT

In message <>, cjacobson@q writes:
>Is there a way of sending raw FTP commands using the FTPClient code?

You can do it wth FTP.sendCommand:,%20java.lang.String)

Site specific extensions may require the use of the SITE command.

>I want to send the 'prompt' command to disable prompting and then send a
>multiple delete type command, eg mdelete *.*

Prompting for confirmation is typically a client action and not performed
by the server.  The same holds true for mdelete.  It is usually the
client that performs glob expression expansion on a full file listing.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message