commons-user mailing list archives

From Reid Pinchback <rei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Parse exceptions on DOCTYPE after upgrading digester jar file
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:33:16 GMT

Suggested experiment:  Put a copy of the tiles DTD on your
drive.  Edit the XML file you were digesting to change the
system id (the http url), and replace it with the path to
the file on your system. If the problem goes away then it
means you got a less-than-useful message disguising the real
problem: the parser wasn't able to retrieve the DTD.  Xerces
and Crimson log messages/errors are clear when this is
happening.  I don't know what the Resin parser does in
such situations.  This might not help, but is an easy
enough thing to try if you didn't want to change Resin
parsers for some reason.