commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: AW: HttpClient use Proxy Server with Basic Auth
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:26:23 GMT
Vijay,

There are many things that HttpClient is not. HttpClient is not a
browser, nor is it a dishwasher. Certain things do not belong to a
low level, specialized transport library, like HttpClient. We have
a very difficult task of balancing out two extreme opinions: "HttpClient
is too darn big and has too many dependencies for an HTTP library"
versus "Geeez, HttpClient is useless, coz it does not wash dishes
for me".

Hope this explains it

Oleg