commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: HttpClient use Proxy Server with Basic Auth
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:14:26 GMT
On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:48:56PM +0200, vngarla@tiscali.de wrote:
> Hello,

> It would be nice if the Proxy Server authentication were documented somewhere.

Usually this guide suffices

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/authentication.html

>  Googling the commons-user archives brought up only 1 thread with proxy
> server authentication.

HttpClient project has its own user and dev lists

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/mail-lists.html

I still monitor this list just in case, but we tend to get most of the
questions sent to httpclient-user list these days

> On a different note, is it possible to set up the HttpClient to not use
> the proxy for a set of hosts using wildcards in dns names (e.g. what http.nonProxyHosts
> does for the URLConnection)?

One can simply have a different HostConfiguration on a per method / thread /
connection basis

Oleg