commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons-modeler and case sensitivity of property names
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:32:37 GMT
On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 17:21 -0700, Jan Luehe wrote:
> Is there a way to have commons-modeler honor the case sensitivity of
> Model MBean attribute (property) names?
>
> According to the JMX spec:
>
>   All attribute and operation names derived from these design patterns
>   are case-sensitive. For example, this means that the methods "getstate"
>   and "setState" define two attributes, one called "state" that is
>   read-only, and one called "State" that is write-only.
>
>   While case sensitivity applies directly to component names of
>   standard MBeans, it is also applicable to all component names of
>   all types of MBeans, standard or dynamic.
>
> In my class that is instrumented as a Model MBean, I have getAbc() and
> setAbc() methods, but when I declare "Abc" (instead of "abc") as the
> attribute name in the associated mbeans-descriptor.xml, I get a
> javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException
> ("Cannot find attribute abc").

Can you provide details of where your spec quote can be found? This
seems to be in direct contradiction to the JavaBeans specification, and
I would be rather surprised to see the two specs in such contradiction.

Commons-modeller behaviour would seem to be complying fine with the
JavaBeans spec.

Regards,

Simon