commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Problem isolated - get a LogConfigurationException when I have j2ee.jar in my project
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:34:57 GMT
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 17:44 -0700, Jason Burrows wrote:
> Hi again -
>
> I have isolated my problem.  It only happens when I include j2ee.jar.

Have you checked to see whether j2ee.jar contains commons-logging?
  jar tf j2ee.jar | grep org.apache.commons.logging

If it does, then try running your app while ensuring commons-logging.jar
is *before* j2ee.jar in the classpath so that your local version takes
priority.

It might be that j2ee.jar contains commons-logging 1.0.2 or somesuch,
which would then explain why the line-number reporting the
null-pointer-exception doesn't make sense.

Regards,

Simon