commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [digester] doesn't call method
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:06:40 GMT
On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 11:49 +0200, arek wrote:
> There is a program which reads configuration file using digester. Config
> contains several properties. The program has been working over a year
> using ibm jre 1.3.0 and stopped with jre 1.3.1 and higher
> I found that one method is not called. If I add/change i.e. a single
> case in the method name everything is ok

You're using the BeanPropertySetterRule I think? This rule requires that
the property being set is a valid java bean property. You might want to
read the javabean spec and make sure you're complying.

For example if you have this:
  public int getCount();
  public void setCount(String);
then count is not officially a bean property AFAIK.

I can't think of anything else that might cause your problem. However if
you can put together a *small* test case that demonstrates the issue,
and attach it to a bugzilla entry I will have a look.

Regards,

Simon