commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Digester] enums in ConvertUtils.register
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:11:24 GMT
On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 20:32 -0400, Jon Steelman wrote:
> I just tried to register a Java 1.5 enum class, but Digester seems not
> to work with it. No exceptions are thrown during
> ConvertUtils.register(myConverter, SomeEnum.class) or during a parsing
> match of digester.parse. I'm using Digester 1.7

I would hope it works; it seems a reasonable thing to do. However
java1.5 enums are fairly cutting-edge so there may be some issue.

Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, you are the first to try using
ConvertUtils with enums so you're probably going to have to figure out
what the issue is yourself. I would suggest first writing a simple test
using ConvertUtils directly; if that doesn't work then the problem is
not Digester.

Regards,

Simon