commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [io][lang] CSV parser contribution
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:31:14 GMT
On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 23:20 -0400, Henri Yandell wrote:
> I'm +1 for [csv] as its own component.

+1

> A solid 3 class component is still a good component, even if it can
> handle its necessary functionality in 3 classes.

in fact, a three class component could be seen as the ultimate in
commons components ;)

> Stefan, your ending comment of:
>
> "Please note that this contribution is dedicated to the Apache Software
> Foundation, thank you for not using it otherwise."
>
> makes me worried that you might not be aware what you're getting into.
> While Netcetera AG retain copyright to their original codebase, the
> Apache version is very liberally licenced and if it should become part
> of an ASF codebase, then anyone can use it otherwise.

not sure how to parse the ending comment. the most that could be done is
that a note could be placed in the notice file.

IMHO this code would need to accepted as a formal contribution
(including getting relevant documents signed) since it's substantial and
original.

but (in any case) i think that there's a definite need for a [csv]
component...

- robert