commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Digester] setting properties from the app's runtime
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 01:22:24 GMT
On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 23:57 +0200, Timo Boewing wrote:
> 1) I need to set the "classname" attribute of the object-create-rule
> dynamically. I did this before when my rules were set in my app's Java
> code, so that e.g. the "type" param was read from my XML definitions:
>
> <page id="pg1" type="x.y.QuestionPage">
> 	[...]
> </page>
>
> ... so that the type attrib is placed into the classname of the
> object-create rule. Is this still possible when using the Digester XML
> config?

You mean you used this?
  new ObjectCreateRule(digester, "x.y.DefaultPage", "type");

I think you need
  <object-create-rule
     pattern=".."
     classname="x.y.DefaultPage"
     attrname="type"/>

> 2) I really am stupid enough not to find a reference documentation for
> the DigesterLoader; i.e. what control tags are there and what attribts
> are valid for them. Does anyone know where to find it?

The best thing to do is to look at the dtd for xmlrules:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/digester/tags/
  DIGESTER_1_6/src/java/org/apache/commons/digester/
    xmlrules/digester-rules.dtd

Regards,

Simon