commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Arnott" <b...@aungate.com>
Subject RE: FW: [DBCP] rollback not working with MySQL 4.1
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:02:16 GMT
Dirk Verbeeck wrote:
> Try the same test without using a pool to make sure MySQL
> is installed/configured correctly.
> If the standalone version works then please post a
> complete unit test showing the problem using BDCP. (also
> include version number of DBCP/MySQL)

I didn't see the original post, but another thing to check is that
The OP is using the correct type of table:

MyISAM - Very fast, disk based storage without support for transactions.
InnoDB - Transaction safe, disk based storage engine with row locking.
         Recommended engine for tables that need support for transactions.

I would have thought that as MyISAM seems to be the default, that it
would automatically commit after each statement regardless of the value
of autoCommit, thus resulting in roll back not working.

Cheers,

P.S. I could be talking out of my arse thought...

--
Bob Arnott