commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] How to pass parameter along with the upload file in a multipart/form-data
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 15:57:11 GMT
Well, we are talking a lot, Mihael.  You might take a look at a bunch
of code I wrote that uses commons upload that I tried to integrate
into Struts, but they wanted their own "proprietary" solution.  The
code is at http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpload?highlight=%28Upload%29
and this should answer these questions.

On 5/6/05, Mihael Knezevic <m.knezevic@porta.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i got the uploading of a file running but now i want to pass some parameter
> with it. what do i need to put in the html form and how do i get it from the
> request object?
>
> my html form:
>
> <form  ENCTYPE='multipart/form-data' method='POST' frm='frmUploadCatalog'
> action='CatalogManagement'>
>  <input type='hidden' name='action' value='uploadCatalog'>

>  Wählen Sie einen Katalog aus: <input type='file' name='catalog'>

>  <input type='radio' name='type' value='file' checked> als einzelne Datei

>  <input type='radio' name='type' value='jar'> als Archivdatei (mehrere
> Dateien)

>  <input type='submit' name='absenden' value='hochladen'>
>
> </form>
>
> i like to get the value of the input field with the name type (radio buttons)
> but don't know how.
>
> thanx in advance.
>
> mk

~Dakota Jack~