commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Getting wrong filename from FileItem
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 08:12:25 GMT
When a FIle object is created with new File([String]), the code in the
constructor calls the local implemenation of FileSystem.java and
normalizes the string to the local file system.

On 5/6/05, Dakota Jack <dakota.jack@gmail.com> wrote:
> You know, Mihael, the reason it works is that the code is new
> File(fileName).getName() so that the creation of the file converts to
> the local separator.  Look at the Java source.
>
> You agree?  Anyway, I am probably making the thread too long, but I
> like to compete these things.
>
> On 5/6/05, Knezevic, Mihael <m.knezevic@porta.de> wrote:
> > thanks for all the advice. i'll test it.

gives the

filename makes
it IN ADDITION
more sense if
there
> > > was another
returns now,
I can certainly
like
a better choice!)

 I often forget
programming worlds
away, I think,
itself, license

Dakota Jack wrote:

> [...]
a bug and some people

 I just went in and
.getName() to the
seeing is in
return the file name
path.  Anyway, you
commons upload code itself,
through some wasted
solve this problem
side of "bug" versus

is that you are

> > > float on its

> > > commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> > > >

> > > --
> > > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float
> > > on its back."
> > > ~Dakota Jack~

> --
> "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float on its back."
> ~Dakota Jack~

~Dakota Jack~