commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Getting wrong filename from FileItem
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 07:54:39 GMT
I tested it out on both file separators (linux and microsoft) and it
works on both.  Just run a test and see if it works.  It does

public class Test {
  public static void main(String [] params) {
    File ie = new File("C:\\mydir\\myfile.txt");
    File linux = new File("/mydir/myfile.txt");
    StdOut.log("log.development","Test ttf ie.getName() = " + ie.getName());
    StdOut.log("log.development","Test ttf linux.getName() = " +
linux.getName());
}

You should just use System.out.println() of course.

On 5/6/05, Knezevic, Mihael <m.knezevic@porta.de> wrote:
> i can not figure out how this should work. this is a web application. linux and windows
clients are accessing the app. the filename can be /mydir/myfile.txt and C:\mydir\myfile.txt.
how should the server know which file separator to use. hmm. i could take a look at the http
request data. ain't there a field for the operating system. but that ain't something i like
to do. these things are always changing.

> i'll try your code later. thanks.
>
> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

people

went in and
the
> > file at this
> > Internet Explorer,
file name
you
> > either have to
code itself,
wasted
versus
> > "feature".

> > free to do

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> > >

> > --
> > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float
> > on its back."
> > ~Dakota Jack~

~Dakota Jack~