commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Getting wrong filename from FileItem
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 07:32:33 GMT
In File there is a field of separator which is good on whatever
platform you are running.  If you construct paths, to make your code
portable, use File.separator instead of / or \.  The other parts of a
path are also fields in File.  So, there should be no problem with
this.

No offence taken.

On 5/6/05, Knezevic, Mihael <m.knezevic@porta.de> wrote:

> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

(windows file path) it doesn't seem to work on the linux server i'm running. file separators
are different. correct me if i'm wrong.

> windows client (ie) returns C:\mydir\myfile.txt to my linux server. on linux the file
separator is a slash ( / ) and not a backslash ( \ ). so my linux server searches for a slash
in the full filename to get just the filename. but there is none. so it assumes it is the
filename and returns it all.

> > On 5/5/05, Mihael Knezevic <m.knezevic@porta.de> wrote:
> > > thanks to all the responses for my question.
> > >
> > > actually i didn't know that it was a browser "thing". i
> > thought it was
> > > an operating system thing. thanks for clearing this up. and
> > as this is
> > > a browser specific thing IMHO there should be just a change in the
> > > docu where you should add the fact that the IE is not behaving like
> > > any other browser with the method getName. that would be of
> > much help.
> > >
> > > and this is the kind of "feature" i don't like of MS software.

> > code can

> > browsers put
> > same result
> > full name