commons-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <>
Subject [transactions] Scattered files
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 20:26:19 GMT
Hi all,

when using FileResourceManager, you need to supply a storeDir. Now, if I
need to write files to different locations within the same transaction.
For example c:\somedir\somesubdir\file.txt and
c:\someotherdir\someotherfile.txt, could I specify c:\ as my store dir
and use the full path (without c:\) as the resource ID? Will this be an
issue with having multiple FileResourceManagers working on c: (the Java
docs mentions "Special Caution: Be very careful not to have two
instances of FileResourceManager working in the same store and/or
working dir."). What type of issues might this cause? Deadlocks?

Is it at all possible to write file to seperate discs (c:, d:) within
the same transaction? I know that the docs does not recommend doing this
because the lack of check for disc space, but anyways?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message